All brides want to look great on their wedding day. However, there can be a lot of stress involved in making yourself look like a million dollars. Try the following wedding makeup ideas to make yourself look beautiful, fresh, and glowing.
The Day Before Your Wedding
Now is not the time to binge on junk food because you’re stressed out! Don’t consume any salty carbohydrates that may cause water retention, bloating or puffiness underneath your eyes. Drinking cranberry juice, and snacking on raisins or bananas can help you get rid of unwanted fluids.
Make time for some aerobic exercise. Take a brisk walk to help you shake off unwanted stress.
Before going to bed, use cool water on your face, and apply your favorite moisturizer. Don’t try a new product the day before your wedding. You don’t want to end up with an unwanted rash!
Get a good night’s sleep by keeping your head elevated.
- If you can afford it, hire a professional make-up person. Do a test run before the wedding. Make sure all of your favourite colors are picked out well in advance. There is no time for experimenting now.
- If you’ve taken all precautions to avoid puffiness under your eyes, try this temporary emergency plan: use two very cold tablespoons or two used tea bags that have been refrigerated. Place on you puffy eyes and keep them in place for as long as possible.
DIY Wedding Makeup Ideas
If you decide to do your own make-up, be sure to experiment with the colors and look you want, several times, before the wedding day. The following colors are great and can help you look like a million dollar bride!
• Concealer as close to your natural skin color as possible.
• Foundation just tads lighter than you normally wear.
• Shiny eye shadow. Try either platinum gold, silver or soft gold shades. Some popular products include: Chanel Venus, Clarins Vanilla Pearl, Chante Caille light, Dior Cloud, Dior Sand beige or M & S Metal sheen. These eye shadows can be used for highlights anywhere else on the body also.
• Vibrant blusher in either pink or peach.
Your lips make or break the whole look. First, cover them with foundation to fill in any cracks or imperfections. Unless your normal look is a dark lipstick and you know that you look great it in, stick with light to medium shades with lip gloss applied liberally on top.
Give the wedding makeup ideas a try and take some of the stress out of that very special day.