Scaraway silicone scar sheets are used in the treatment of scars that may have been caused by injuries to your skin, burns, or surgery. They work particularily well in helping to stop and reduce raised and discolored scars – more specifically, hypertrophic and keloids scars.
The manufacturer claims that their product may also help to prevent the formation of scars on wounds that have just healed. At one time, silicone scar treatment sheets were only used by qualified medical professionals like plastic surgeons or doctors working in burn centers.
Does Scaraway Work On My Type Of Scar?
ScarAway Long Silicone Scar Healing Sheets are designed to treat “longer scars” that may be a result of the following:
- tummy tucks
- heart surgery
- knee surgery
- back surgery
- each package contains 12 sheets
- uses Patented Silon Technology
- one side of the sheet is coated with Silicone
- the reverse side of the sheet is latex free and silky smooth
- sheets are washable, flexible and breath
- wear it comfortably under clothing
- no surgical tape is required to secure these sheets
- drug free
How To Use Scaraway Silicone Sheets
- To get the best results allow 12 weeks for results
- Don’t use these sheets on an open wound, or fragile, unhealed skin
- If you develop an allergic reaction or rash, stop using the sheets and see your doctor
- Keep this product out of reach of children and pets
- Don’t place the adhesive sile of the sheets on any kind of fabrics including those found on furniture
Are Scaraway Silicone Sheets Safe?
The manufacturer states that their product is safe for c-section and nursing mothers. They claim their product “mimic(s) the natural barrier function of normal, healthy skin, increasing hydration, working to soften scar tissue by breaking down excess collagen, reducing it’s development and causing it to fade away faster”.S
ScarAway Long Silicone Scar Healing Sheets Reviews
One user states that she had no success with other products in treating red and purple scar she got from surgery. This scar was three years old when she tried Scaraway sheets. She claims that after a few days it started to soften and after 10 weeks the scar all, but disappeared. She adds that, compared with similar products, Scaraway is easy to apply.
Another user states that the sheets started to work after only a week on a scar he got while undergoing surgery. It was large, so he had to use two sheets. He found that after seven days of wearing them under his clothing they tended not to to stay in place – so he recommends ordering an extra supply. He was extremely happy about the fact that Scaraway sheets help to prevent his clothes from chafing his scar.
A women who had a bilateral mastectomy states that her dermatologist recommended Scaraway. She claims that within 24 hours, her the scars started to smooth out. She thinks the scar will completely vanish.
Where To Get The Best Price On ScarAway Long Silicone Scar Healing Sheets
Amazon is offering 30% of the manufacturer’s price. Check it out!